Immigrant Innovators: 30 Entrepreneurs Who Made a Difference by Samantha Chagollan
|Availability:||In stock (1)|
An inspiring children’s biography collection, Immigrant Innovators highlights the stories of 30 immigrant entrepreneurs who have made it big in America.
Geared toward readers ages 8–12, the book features people from around the world who played a major role in establishing global companies and products. These entrepreneurs come from more than 25 countries and have been successful in a wide range of fields, from energy bars (KIND), yogurt (Chobani), and restaurant chains (Panda Express), to dominant industry players like YouTube and Tesla. The book includes full-page illustrated portraits of each entrepreneur as well as colorful infographics throughout.
Immigrant Innovators is a celebration of the immigrant experience—both the triumphs and the challenges—and an important reminder of the strength that comes from a broad and diverse population.
Included, among others, are:
- Ayah Bdeir, Lebanon, littleBits
- Rihanna, Barbados, Fenty Beauty
- Marcus Samuelsson, Ethiopia, Chef
- Hamdi Ulukaya, Turkey, Chobani
- Max Levchin, Ukraine, PayPal
- Mike Krieger, Brazil, Instagram
- Daniel Lubetzky, Mexico, KIND Snacks
- Adi Tatarko and Alon Cohen, Israel, Houzz
- Luis von Ahn, Guatemala, Duolingo
- Pierre Omidyar, France, eBay
- Laura Behrens Wu, Germany, Shippo
- José Andrés, Spain, Founder of World Central Kitchen